100% of all donations go directly to helping local youth.
The Kingston Youth Shelter relies greatly upon the generosity of the community to continue to provide youth with the necessary support they need to move forward.
Kingston Youth Shelter has incredibly low overhead costs. Our building is provided to us rent free by the Hotel Dieu Hospital – this means your contributions go directly to our youth programming. Tax receipts are issued for donations of $10 or more. Click here to donate.
The Kingston Youth Shelter accepts donations online, by mail, or in person. Please consider supporting vulnerable youth today. No donation is too small – please help support us today!
Our Wish List has items that are frequently needed for our emergency shelter and transition homes. These items go a long way toward maintaining a healthy environment for our youth in need. Click here to see our Wish List.
Other ways you can help
- Non-perishable food items (soup, cereal, granola bars, pasta, etc.)
- Coffee / Tea / Juice
- Water bottles
- Dish soap
- Dishwasher detergent
- Multipurpose cleaner
- Floor cleaner
- Toilet cleaner
- Garbage bags
- Laundry detergent (for high efficiency machines)
- Dryer sheets
- Batteries (AAA and AA)
- First aid kits (bandages, gauze, disposable gloves, alcohol wipes, antibiotic ointment, etc.)
- Toilet paper
- Facial tissues
- Paper towels
- Gift Cards (Tim Hortons, McDonalds, Subway, etc.)
- Grocery store gift cards
- E-gift cards (No Frills/Loblaws or Walmart, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Board games and puzzles
- Art supplies (paint, markers, crayons, adult colouring books)
- New vinyl shower curtains
- Backpacks and school supplies
- Bus passes (multi-ride passes)
- Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum Points
Personal Care Items
- Clothing (new or gently used)
- Lounge clothing (yoga pants, sweatpants, t-shirts)
- Underwear (new only)
- Bras (new only)
- Hair brushes and combs
- Hair elastics
- Body wash
- Shaving cream
- Period products
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Makeup (new only)
Have an item you would like to donate, but it’s not listed here?
Please call 613-549-4236 to speak with one of our Counsellors or email email@example.com.
Holiday Wish List 2021
As we serve youth between the ages of 16-24, here are some age-appropriate gifts:
- Gift Cards (grocery stores, fast food, drug store, etc.)
- Movie Passes
- Bus Passes
- Portable chargers/phone charging cables
- Travel blankets
- Colouring books
- Art supplies
- Books or DVDs
- Stocking stuffers (chocolate, candy, notebooks, small gifts)