Kingston Youth Shelter
It all starts with a place to sleep.
They need your help.
Our emergency shelter offers 16 beds for youth ages 16 to 24 in a housing crisis. To access our services, call us at 613-549-4236 or simply drop by the shelter. We do not maintain a waiting list and our beds are available on a “first come, first served” basis.
- A warm bed in a safe & nurturing environment
- Nutritious meals
- Support with basic needs (access to personal hygiene supplies, clothing, laundry facilities, school supplies, transit fare)
- Non-judgmental supportive counseling from a harm reduction perspective
- Community resources & referrals
- Access to telephone and internet
- Employment and educational support
- Life skills training
- Housing Assistance: Our Prevention Diversion Worker is scheduled throughout the week, including evenings, to give youth access to support. Our Prevention Diversion Worker is a trained professional who can assist youth in meeting their individual housing goals. To reach our Prevention Diversion Worker directly, please call 613-449-2056.
- Family Support: Our Family Mediation Worker offers mediation to families experiencing family breakdown, youth/parent conflict, and general communication difficulties that may leave youth at a greater risk of entering homelessness. Youth do not need to access shelter to be eligible for this service. For more information, see Kingston Youth Families. To reach our Family Mediation Worker directly, please call 613-449-4803.